Apostle means “one who is sent”. Jesus chose twelve Apostles. He sent them into the world to spread the “good news”. The following quiz will tell you how much you know about them.
Answer the following questions to test your knowledge about the Apostles. The answers are at the end of the list.
1 Which Apostle had a mother-in-law who was cured by Jesus?
2. Which Apostles were known as “Sons of Thunder”?
3. Which Apostle was shipwrecked?
4. Which Apostle lived the longest, dying a natural death?
5. To which Apostle did Jesus say “Do not doubt but believe?”
6. Which Apostle was a tax collector?
7. Who was the brother of Simon Peter?
8. Which Apostle betrayed Jesus?
9. Which Apostle said, “This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders. It has become the cornerstone.”
10. Which Apostle tried to walk on water?
11. Which Apostles witnessed the Transfiguration?
12. On what day did the Holy Spirit descend upon the Apostles?
13. To whom did Jesus say, “Here is your mother?”
14. Which Apostle was present at the foot of the cross?
15. Which Apostle received the keys to the kingdom of heaven?
16. Which Apostle was blind for three days?
17. Which Apostle was chosen to replace the traitor?
18. To which Apostle did Jesus say, “Get behind me, Satan!”
19. Who is referred to as “The Beloved Disciple?”
20. Which Apostle was not present when Jesus first appeared to the other Apostles?
21. Which Apostle is mentioned the most in the gospels?
22. Who denied Jesus three times?
23. Which three apostles fell asleep while Jesus was praying in the garden?
24. To whom did Jesus say, “Feed my sheep?”
25. Can you name the twelve Apostles present at the Last Supper?
- St. Andrew
- St. Bartholomew
- St. James the Greater
- St. James the Lesser
- St. John the Evangelist
- Judas Iscariot
- St. Jude Thaddeus
- St. Mathew
- St. Peter
- St. Philip
- St. Simon the Zealot
- St. Thomas